If you experience problems (Eg. black screen, flickering output, etc...) when connecting the A7070 to the TV via an HDMI cable. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
- Make sure the TV is set to the correct video input to receive the HDMI signal from the connected A7070. Most TV Remotes have an INPUT or SOURCE button which provides a list of the available video inputs for the TV. Use the INPUT or SOURCE button until the correct HDMI input is displayed on the TV. Be sure to check which video input on the TV you are connecting the A7070 to.
NOTE: The location of the INPUT or SOURCE button on your TV Remote and the number and names of the video inputs will vary on your TV.
- Make sure the connected A7070 is turned ON, the A7070 should have a BLUE Power Indicator on the Front Panel.
- Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable.
- Turn OFF the A7070 and the TV.
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI input on the TV.
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI output on the A7070.
- Reconnect the HDMI cable firmly to the same input/output as before on the TV and the A7070.
- Turn ON the TV first, and the A7070, then turn them OFF. Then turn them ON again to let the TV recognize the connected A7070.
- Try using a different HDMI cable.
- Try connect the A7070 to another TV.
- Make sure the video format being output by the A7070 on HDMI, is compatible with the TV.
NOTE: By default, the A7070 will attempt to Auto Switch to best Resolution(Eg. 1080p/50Hz) to match the TV. But some TVs may only accept a 60Hz video signal, or while they accept a 2160p video signal are limited to 30Hz. Changing the video output format of the connected A7070 may resolve HDMI issues. Check the Manual or contact the Manufacturer for further information about what video output format is compatible with the TV.
- On your A7070 Remote, press the Home button.
- Select Settings (COG icon in top-right).
- Under General Settings select TV Settings
- Select Display, then Screen Resolution.
- Toggle Auto Switch to best Resolution OFF.
- Make sure Display Mode is configured correctly.
- If the A7070 is connected to an AV Receiver (Eg. Home Theatre System) or other device (Eg. HDMI Switch) before being connected to the TV, try connecting directly to an HDMI input on the TV. If this works, the AV Receiver or other device may not be passing the video signal on to the TV, or might be incompatible with the video output format from the A7070.
- If possible, try a different device (Eg. DVD Player) that can output an HDMI video signal using the same connections. If this works, the A7070 may not be working properly and you may need to check with Dish TV for further assistance.