The SMARTVU Home app supports TWO pairing modes: Smart Mode and AP Mode.
NOTE: You'll need to download the SMARTVU Home app, before you can pair the Light Bulb. See our FAQ.
'How to' pair the Light Bulb with the App
Step 1: Power the Light Bulb
- Insert your SMARTVU Home Light Bulb into a suitable power source and switch ON.
Step 2: Put Light Bulb into Pairing Mode
- Smart Mode: Once the SMARTVU Home Light Bulb is switched ON, to enter pairing mode, toggle power ON and OFF three times. The Wireless Bulb will start blinking rapidly, twice per second.
- AP Mode: Once the SMARTVU Home Light Bulb is switched ON, to enter pairing mode, toggle power ON and OFF three times. The Wireless Bulb will start blinking slowly, once every three seconds.
NOTE: If the Light Bulb won't go into pairing mode, ensure the Light Bulb isn't turned ON/OFF too fast/slow. While the QSG states it should be OFF/ON for 1 second, count it out as "1 Mississippi". Then ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON. The Light Bulb should start flashing with 1-2 seconds of being turned ON.
Step 3: Pair with App
- Once the SMARTVU Home Light Bulb is in pairing mode, select 'Add Device' or '+' in the SMARTVU Home app. Select Lighting, then Lighting (Wi-Fi).
- Follow the SMARTVU Home app's on-screen instructions. By default the SMARTVU Home app will attempt pairing in Smart Mode. Confirm the Wireless Bulb is blinking rapidly, and select 'Confirm Indicator’s rapidly blinking' to proceed.
If Wireless Bulb is blinking slowly, select Other Mode in the top-right, then AP Mode.
- Once you’ve confirmed the Wireless Bulb is blinking rapidly, you’ll be prompted to enter the Wi-Fi Password.
- The SMARTVU Home app will scan and connect to the Light Bulb, showing Device Added Successfully.
NOTE: Make sure your Phone/Tablet is connected with your Wireless Router. Please note the Light Bulb will only connect to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, not 5GHz Wi-Fi.